I own a meat market and lost 37 year old Tyler meat cases last week. It got more complicated than that, forcing my other 2 cases to go down for a day and a half. The old cases are toast, leaking from the coils from decades of service. My other two Tyler 12’ cases are of a similar age and in 3300 sq ft, replacing 24’ is a pain in the rear. So I have decided to replace the 2 12’s that are still working, knowing that it is probably a good move, since I feel like I may have to do it again in a year or two. I am also going to rearrange the store a bit, taking what I have learned over the past 7 years, and making it easier to merchandise my higher margin items.
I am going with Howard Mcray meats cases, mostly because Tyler isn’t around anymore, and this is a more readily available option (16 weeks). I feel confident in the brand, but I am looking for these “options”, scale stand, work counter, mirrored glass, etc and they don’t have a single picture of these on their website, or it seems the internet as a whole. I know what all of these look like, but I thought I would like to at least see what I am buying before I spend an extra 5-10k on all of these upgrades. I want to be able to plan my merchandising based on the look of the cases. Mine are very different size wise and look wise.
I have contacted my rep about this, hopefully I will see something soon. I was just surprised that there was nothing about it other than we can sell you that.
Are there any other opinions on Howard Mcray cases? Thanks
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment